Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Ruggedness Training March 32512-33112

This works out well, I get to the end of the month at the end of the week and start anew. Nice!!

32512 – Sunday #281 – 180.5 LG training, spring cleaning, should be strong enough for suspension training at work. Practice: air squats and burpees, Pool workout training: treading, treading w/ no hands/ treading with wt.
No dinner post LG training, fruit protein shake (mass gainer) filled me up. Rt ankle sore but not REAL sore, advised not to ice so I’ll rub and see about Herbs and acupuncture. Maybe work the chair tonight.

32612 #282 Late suspension training and air squats practice, T-mix, apple, salad n pretzels.
Wake up 182, after ritual 180. P-shake, fruit, windy and cold, runny nose, ankle hurts.
Monday Lift Therapy:
Deadlifts – str8 legged 3 sets progress from 225 to 300.
Power singles, progress to 350..(w/ straps) went up surprisingly strong, 25 lbs off personal best and 55 away from long term goal. (405, 8 plates on an Olympic bar)
Barbell shrugs, prog to 2 sets of 6 (315 w/ straps)
Various Pull ups (working towards muscle up on smith machine) L- close grip pulls, inverted pull ups on dip machine.
Peck deck 105 3 sets, 10, 8, 6
Shoulder lat flies: 20, 25, 30 (last set was momentum assisted.)
Good Butts&Guts session at Temple.

32712 – Tuesday (work) #283
Chicken Tinga & Tea at Cosi (last nite) trail mix from wawa – did not feel the need for sus-training since Mondays awesomeness and today’s Zombie Battle and Aqua Box double header. Left upper thigh feels like there’s a rash, it also feels big and thick, but should feel more solid. Got a glimpse of legs at Temple (mirror) good definition, should try and photo them at some point.
Iced my ankle anyway.
PM – wake 180 (Lazy scale got to weight twice, I need to get a battery for it) Tea, stack, fruit/nut breakfast 2 GX at TU today.
Sessions are lite, felt strong in PUMPED, may have been too easy. Ankle Ouch!

32812 – Wednesday #284... woke early, chilled in bed for a while. 180 lbs.
Suspension training over night – even the wing chest was stronger, more reps on short angles.
Oh yeah, dips!! More than just a hold, maybe stronger tonight, deeper angles (esp for back/rows) I may stick around a few weeks when I’m off (forgot what I meant by this).

32912 – Thursday – #285 Strong sus-training, deep angles.
Wake 180 – No ACV AM, maybe psy-husk over the wknd but don’t think there’s much to flush. Ankle’s still bad, look into acupuncture wknd also. Functional GX at the Y tonight. GX was strong and lively, we did massive squats and the monster. Casein/fruit shake post GX. (Off tonight).

33012 Friday 179!! #286 Woke from a bizarre dream about 3 young boys who owned a garage, but never told me they owned it. My car was there and I decided not to have the work done. Low calorie intake last night, just snacking mostly. Whey shake & fruit & yogurt, tea, wake stack. Ankle was fine until near trip-trauma. DUH!!
A weak lift therapy session but a session nonetheless. Yesterday may have exhausted me more than I thought.
Squats: progressed to 225 and did 2 x 6 – legs felt tight but not sore, less flexible than usual.
Shin lexes 55 lbs.
Db press – started with 80s and dropped to 50s; chest neglect, rt shoulder pain means I gotta lift less.
Pull overs 60s 3 x 10 reps.
Calf raises 4 x 25 135.
Leg curls – light
Single leg extensions – moderate, for one leg anyway.
Triceps cable press down – moderate wt. + wide tri-press with lat bar.
Biceps – rope cable curls + db bench curls. Did an extra set for the lefty.
Black Belt Theatre Night at Tets with Tacos and dark & Stormies… that will add weight.

33112 – Saturday #287 - 181 to be expected, but should be able to break through 180 again… need to push the set point down to my goal.. then what?? Acting? Modeling?? Eesh, I may actually have to do it.
This was a day of rest, took pix at Cross Fit and got a message, stood on my hands a few times for pix, otherwise just chilled. Oh yeah, arms were sore from the workout, I’m going to need to blast the tri-bis more often. Maybe I need a vanity month?? Perhaps April, deadlifts and chest development. I told myself I’d stop squatting this month in prep for the BSR (10 mile run) but that seems doubtful with the ankle issue. Oh yeah, late entry, bought Tiger Baum from the ankle and have been applying it almost daily. The massage helped, need to do what Keanne told me for the calf muscles.

No comments: